2. Blue Body is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you connect with us.
Collection of information
3. We understand that some information provided to us might be considered private or personal. These details are often necessary for us to effectively carry out our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our sessions or activities.
4. In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Blue Body:
If you contact Blue Body, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
When you participate in one of our classes, workshops or energy healing sessions.
5. When the personal information is collected by us we will do our best to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, that you are able to gain access to the information held about you and why we’re collecting the information.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use or disclose information collected about someone we have connected with for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping and keeping you informed of our upcoming workshops and sessions. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified at the time of collection of the information.
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may wish to collect personal information about you. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Blue Body encourages you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
9. Blue Body places great importance on the security of all information associated with our activities. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
10. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
11. Blue Body safely retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes.
12. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
13. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. While we strive to protect personal information at all times, Blue Body cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services and caution people to do so at their own risk. Once Blue Body receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure information remains secure on its systems.
14. Ultimately, we trust you to be solely responsible for protecting your passwords and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
15. Blue Body is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information on people we connect with.
16. We will give you access to your information if your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
17. We will correct inaccurate information upon receiving written advice from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
18. If we are unable to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will let you know why.
20. We will attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
21. Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
22. Blue Body collects information from the site using "IP files".
23. When you visit the Blue Body site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
26. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au
Thank you for connecting with us.